Secrets of Ikea interior design creating an original design requires a lot of small details, such as decorative items, beautifully decorated furniture, and other necessities. Everyone’s dream is to have a story where they can buy everything they need all at once, from ashes to door handles. This is how you can describe Ikea — one of the owner’s main and faithful assistants.
Detailed design: what is the peculiarity of IKEA’s design?
Ikea has quickly risen to the top of the global furniture market. This was made possible by the following aspects of this store chain’s organization:
- Each product has a detailed description on the Internet. IKEA’s online platform allows you to not only view an item from various perspectives, but also to view its characteristics, models, and customer reviews. You can place an order directly from your home, and you can also create a virtual room with your own furnishings. The Swiss retailer’s online furniture fitting service is a significant advantage. The created interface allows you to simulate the design of a future room using Ikea furniture and create a single composition while paying attention to the details.
- Ikea, like many other furniture stores, manufactures large quantities of identical items. As a result, a potential buyer will not become the owner of a one-of-a-kind item. During the design of the room, the purchased furniture or decorative element will become unique. Each purchase in the composition will acquire new colors in combination or opposition to other details.
Secrets of Ikea interior design the uniqueness of the design based on IKEA products come in a limited number of variations. There are many models of objects that perform the same type of functions at each point of implementation. This variety enables you to purchase precisely the option that is appropriate for a specific interior
The shelves of Ikea stores are stocked not only with functional items but also with decorative items that serve no purpose. Blankets, pillows, soft toys, scented candles — their functions are insignificant. However, properly chosen decorations will create a sense of comfort in the room. If decorative elements were given special attention in the design, the word “huge” appears in the room. This Norwegian word describes the sensation of comfort, tranquillity, and peace at home.
- Ikea’s product line focuses on modern Scandinavian design. When a room is not crammed with a large number of objects, it appears bright and spacious. All of our products are made with ergonomic materials. Even under Khrushchev, you can create a modern interior with no traces of Soviet reality.
Among other equally significant advantages of the Swedish chain of stores:
- the use of environmentally friendly and hypoallergenic materials;
- thoughtful delivery system;
- a large selection of products for both adults and children;
- high-quality and wear-resistant products;
- practicality and versatility of furniture;
- orientation to high European standards;
- following modern trends in the design field;
- affordable prices.
Bedrooms from Ikea
Ikea furniture in the bedroom interior is not only a beautiful way to fill the space, but it is also harmful to human health. Models in the range take into account the physiological characteristics of the human body. More consideration on the buyer’s part necessitates the environment that he wishes to create. Ikea’s Scandinavian-style bedroom layout options:
- A chest of drawers serves as the central figure. Because of its contrasting color or large size, it should stand out. This option is best suited to a rectangular room. The chest of drawers is positioned in the path of a person entering the bedroom door. It is preferable to have a single bed. A folding sofa or ottoman is a low-cost option. A mirror above the chest of drawers will also draw attention to it visually. A soft bear on the bed or decorative pillows provide comfort in the room. A small white or beige hanging candlestick will complement the decor. A vintage alarm clock or a pastel-colored miniature can be placed on the bedside table.
The fewer decorative items, the better.
- The bed serves as the visual center. Brightly colored contrasting pillows or plaid with a print will help to draw attention to it. A warm-colored landscape or still life can be placed a little higher. A double bed or a large sofa with padded armrests is preferred. A corner wardrobe and a low chest of drawers should be purchased along with the rest of the wooden furniture in the bedroom. Succulents in light stone pots, an image of a forest or wild animals, and a small tablecloth with colored geometric shapes will all complement the Scandinavian-style bedroom.
- Painting selection visually. A triptych or illustration in a large frame is ideal. When entering the bedroom, it is best to place the image so that it catches the eye.
Three subjects are highlighted. Choose decorative items or accessories that will stand out visually against the room’s furnishings. Paintings of the sea or the forest appear to be unique. The natural dark colors used in the depiction of nature will look great in a Scandinavian-style bedroom.
Design without decorative elements. Ikea furniture interiors are calm and harmonious without color accents. The key elements are a single color scheme and a deliberate mix of furniture models.
Kids from Ikea
The use of Ikea designer products is an original version of the room arrangement. The Swedish chain of stores’ assortment includes many decorative elements, toys, and other nursery attributes, in addition to unusual furniture with various prints and colors. It is critical to consider the health characteristics of a growing boy or girl when designing a room for a child.
- It is critical to purchase ergonomic furniture, an orthopedic mattress for the bed, and a height-adjustable table.
A room for a little girl
In large cities, owners prefer to use Ikea furniture and decor elements in the interior of all rooms during renovations. You can buy everything you need for home improvement in one place thanks to a diverse selection of goods from various categories.
I joined Appartenville in February 2021 as a content editor. After studying English literature at university, I worked as an e-commerce website editor, content author, and purchasing intern for several independent luxury and lifestyle retail companies. My role at Appartenville combines my love, experience, and passion for the world of design and the desire to create inspiring written content. As for my personal style, I am a big fan of color and drawing, especially I like the pastel color scheme. I also enjoy discovering new trends, brands, and products, whether it’s fashion, interior design, or lifestyle my wish list for buying new things is endless.